The above video was recorded on June 30, 2021 and the information below was updated on July 6, 2021.
BREEDER: KWS UK Ltd
PEDIGREE: Boisseau x Solheio
STATUS: AHDB Recommended List variety for UK (since 2019)
CERTIFIED SEED SALES 2020 %: England & Wales: 12.3. Scotland: 4.5.
PROVISIONAL SEED AREA 2021 %: England & Wales: 10.4. Scotland: 6.3.
AHDB RL 2021 TREATED YIELD (UK): 100
AHDB RL 2021 TREATED YIELD (NORTH REGION): 98
AHDB RL 2021 UNTREATED YIELD (UK): 93
MARKET OPTIONS: nabim Group 2, UK Bread Making, Export
- Exceptionally high untreated yield (93) – highest on the RL.
- Very high Septoria tritici resistance (8.0).
- Good yellow rust and mildew resistance.
- Early to mature; stiff straw.
- Superb grain quality – high specific weight, Hagberg and good sprouting resistance.
- Average north region yield.
- Unsuitable for early drilling due to vigorous growth habit.
- Tall variety, though responds well to PGR.
- May be a risk with sterility in some areas and situations – not suitable for the northern half of Scotland.
- Susceptible to orange wheat blossom midge.
VIEW OTHER WHEAT VARIETIES
|nabim Group 1 & 2||nabim Group 3 Soft||Soft Group 4||Hard Group 4|
|Skyfall||KWS Barrel||LG Skyscraper||Grafton|
|KWS Firefly||KWS Jackal||Graham|
|LG Illuminate||Revelation||SY Insitor|
|LG Astronomer||RGT Saki||KWS Cranium|