SHORT TERM LEY
This mixture includes:
RECOMMENDED SOWING RATE: 20-30 kgs/ha (8-12 kgs/acre)
- Designed for high production up to three cuts of silage or intensive grazing.
- Early spring growth.
- Quick to establish so can be used as a catchcrop.
- Very responsive to fertiliser nitrogen.
- Will produce high yields of good D-value silage.
- Cut at or about five days after ear emergence (mid to late May) for optimum D-value. Take second cut four to five weeks later to avoid too much stem. A third cut is feasible, although quantity and quality may be less.
- Use approximately half the stated sowing rate and use as catchcrop sowing after an early harvest for ploughing the following spring.
- Red clover can be included to increase overall feed value; the weight of grass may be reduced in proportion.
- Will not last more than two years.
- By introducing a few kilos of hybrid and/or mid or late perennial tetraploid ryegrass (up to half the weight) and reduce the weight of Italian in proportion, you will be able to use this mixture for grazing.
OTHER GRASS SEED MIXTURES
|The Forth||Short Term Ley|
|The Aln||3-4 Year Intensive Cut & Graze|
|The Till||4-5 Year Medium Term Cut & Graze|
|The Burns Permanent Coquet||Long Term Dual Purpose with Early Bite|
|The Burns Permanent Teviot||Dual Purpose Mixture|
|The Burns Permanent Bowmont||Dual Purpose Long Term Cut & Graze|
|The Burns Permanent Tweed||Permanent Pasture Long Term Grazing|
|The Burns Permanent Yarrow||Permanent Pasture Long Term Grazing|
If you’re interested in this grass seed mixture, please get in touch or contact your farm rep!