LONG-TERM DUAL-PURPOSE WITH EARLY BITE
This mixture includes:
|Nifty||Diploid||Intermediate Perennial Ryegrass|
|Diwan||Tetraploid||Intermediate Perennial Ryegrass|
|Genesis||Diploid||Early Perennial Ryegrass|
|Toddington||Diploid||Late Perennial Ryegrass|
|Nashota||Tetraploid||Late Perennial Ryegrass|
|Twymax||Tetraploid||Late Perennial Ryegrass|
|Buddy||Medium Leaf||White Clover|
|Crusader||Medium Leaf||White Clover|
|Rivendel||Small Leaf||White Clover|
RECOMMENDED SOWING RATE: 30-35 kgs/ha (12-14 kgs/acre)
TETRAPLOID CONTENT: 35.00%
|Intermediate Perennial Ryegrass||35.00%|
|Late Perennial Ryegrass||35.00%|
|Early Perennial Ryegrass||15.00%|
AVERAGE HEADING DATE: May 1st + 42 days
- A traditional dual-purpose mixture using a spread of early, mid and late ryegrasses to give early spring growth followed by occasional cutting or season-long grazing (very flexible).
- Ideal for mixed farms requiring a long-term dual-purpose mixture with early bite and is especially useful when grass is required for lambing ewes.
- Winter hardy tetraploids are included.
- Season-long growth with good ground cover and winter hardiness.
- Well suited to making hay because of the inclusion of timothy.
- Graze with sheep in early spring to avoid early heading ryegrasses going too quickly.
- Can also be shut off late to take a single cut of silage after the early grazing around lambing time.
- Hybrid or Italian ryegrass can be added if required.
- Cocksfoot can be added at the customer’s request if in a drought situation, although care must be taken with cocksfoot as it can become dominant if under-managed.
OTHER GRASS SEED MIXTURES
|The Tyne||Short Term Ley|
|The Forth||Short Term Ley|
|The Aln||3-4 Year Intensive Cut & Graze|
|The Till||4-5 Year Medium Term Cut & Graze|
|The Burns Permanent Teviot||Dual Purpose Mixture|
|The Burns Permanent Bowmont||Dual Purpose Long Term Cut & Graze|
|The Burns Permanent Tweed||Permanent Pasture Long Term Grazing|
|The Burns Permanent Yarrow||Permanent Pasture Long Term Grazing|
If you’re interested in this grass seed mixture, please get in touch or contact your farm rep!