DUAL-PURPOSE LONG-TERM CUT AND GRAZE
This mixture includes:
|Boyne||Diploid||Intermediate Perennial Ryegrass|
|Evocative||Diploid||Late Perennial Ryegrass|
|Fintona||Tetraploid||Intermediate Perennial Ryegrass|
|Twymax||Tetraploid||Late Perennial Ryegrass|
|Nifty||Diploid||Intermediate Perennial Ryegrass|
|Alfonso||Tetraploid||Late Perennial Ryegrass|
|Diwan||Tetraploid||Intermediate Perennial Ryegrass|
|Federer||Tetraploid||Intermediate Perennial Ryegrass|
|Buddy||Medium Leaf||White Clover|
|Crusader||Medium Leaf||White Clover|
|Alice||Large Leaf||White Clover|
RECOMMENDED SOWING RATE: 35-40 kgs/ha (14-16kgs/acre)
TETRAPLOID CONTENT: 52.00%
|Intermediate Perennial Ryegrass||55.50%|
|Late Perennial Ryegrass||37.00%|
AVERAGE HEADING DATE: May 1st + 44 days
- Our highest yielding long-term mixture for cutting and grazing.
- Combines a good spread of first choice varieties to give spring grazing followed by a silage cut.
- Can be cut again or the aftermath used for grazing.
- Combines tetraploid and first choice diploid to give yield, quality and ground cover with winter hardiness – varieties proven to be persistent, giving a tight sward especially under sheep grazing management.
- The mixture is extremely flexible and will respond well in high or low input systems.
- Responsive to high yield inputs of nitrogen so can be used under a more intensive situation for maximum yields.
- High D-value grasses for quality silage.
- For maximum yield, start growth with an early application of nitrogen followed by the balance when the field is shut up. If taking two cuts, do the first cut at or around mid-heading and the second cut five to six weeks later.
- Italian or hybrid ryegrasses can be added for establishment year bulk.
- Includes large-leaved white clover Alice, which is most suited to the cutting regime.
OTHER GRASS SEED MIXTURES
|The Tyne||Short Term Ley|
|The Forth||Short Term Ley|
|The Aln||3-4 Year Intensive Cut & Graze|
|The Till||4-5 Year Medium Term Cut & Graze|
|The Burns Permanent Coquet||Long Term Dual Purpose with Early Bite|
|The Burns Permanent Teviot||Dual Purpose Mix|
|The Burns Permanent Tweed||Permanent Pasture Long Term Grazing|
|The Burns Permanent Yarrow||Permanent Pasture Long Term Grazing|
If you’re interested in this grass seed mixture, please get in touch or contact your farm rep!