The above video was recorded on June 30, 2021 and the information below was updated on July 6, 2021.
BREEDER: Elsoms Wheat Ltd
PEDIGREE: Britannia x Cougar
STATUS: AHDB Recommended List variety for East Region (since 2021)
CERTIFIED SEED SALES 2020 %: England & Wales: 0.1. Scotland: 0.0.
PROVISIONAL SEED AREA 2021 %: England & Wales: 0.8. Scotland: 1.0.
AHDB RL 2021 TREATED YIELD (UK): 101
AHDB RL 2021 TREATED YIELD (NORTH REGION): (100)
AHDB RL 2021 UNTREATED YIELD (UK): 80
MARKET OPTIONS: nabim Group 3, UK Biscuit, Distilling, Export
- Yields best on heavier soils.
- Suitable for both biscuit and distilling markets.
- Good resistance to yellow and brown rust and above average Septoria tritici resistance.
- Performs well as a second wheat.
- Average yield in north region.
- Tall and slightly weaker strawed than other Group 3 varieties.
- Very susceptible to mildew.
VIEW OTHER WHEAT VARIETIES
|nabim Group 1 & 2||nabim Group 3 Soft||Soft Group 4||Hard Group 4|
|Skyfall||KWS Barrel||LG Skyscraper||Grafton|
|KWS Extase||Elicit||LG Spotlight||Costello|
|KWS Firefly||KWS Jackal||Graham|
|LG Illuminate||Revelation||SY Insitor|
|LG Astronomer||RGT Saki||KWS Cranium|