The above video was recorded on June 30, 2021 and the information below was updated on July 6, 2021.
BREEDER: KWS UK Ltd
PEDIGREE: KWS Santiago x KWS W177
STATUS: AHDB Recommended List variety for North Region (since 2018)
CERTIFIED SEED SALES 2020 %: England & Wales: 0.0. Scotland: 7.2.
PROVISIONAL SEED AREA 2021 %: England & Wales: 0.0. Scotland: 7.5.
AHDB RL 2021 TREATED YIELD (UK): 100
AHDB RL 2021 TREATED YIELD (NORTH REGION): 101
AHDB RL 2021 UNTREATED YIELD (UK): 73
MARKET OPTIONS: Soft Group 4, Distilling (Medium), Feed
- Decent and consistent yield performance in the northern region.
- Good resistance to both yellow rust and mildew.
- Not technically an early drill variety but appears suitable for earlier sowing.
- High tillering capacity.
- Poor untreated yield.
- Straw strength may need watching.
- Poor Septoria tritici and brown rust resistance.
- Mediocre grain quality with low Hagberg and specific weight.
VIEW OTHER WHEAT VARIETIES
|nabim Group 1 & 2||nabim Group 3 Soft||Soft Group 4||Hard Group 4|
|Skyfall||KWS Barrel||LG Skyscraper||Grafton|
|KWS Extase||Elicit||LG Spotlight||Costello|
|LG Illuminate||RGT Saki||SY Insitor|
|LG Astronomer||Swallow||KWS Cranium|