The above video was recorded on June 30, 2021 and the information below was updated on July 6, 2021.
BREEDER: Syngenta UK Ltd
PEDIGREE: Hereford x KWS Kielder
STATUS: AHDB Recommended List variety for UK (since 2018)
CERTIFIED SEED SALES 2020 %: England & Wales: 13.0. Scotland: 4.0.
PROVISIONAL SEED AREA 2021 %: England & Wales: 8.5. Scotland: 4.2.
AHDB RL 2021 TREATED YIELD (UK): 103
AHDB RL 2021 TREATED YIELD (NORTH REGION): 102
AHDB RL 2021 UNTREATED YIELD (UK): 81
MARKET OPTIONS: Hard Group 4, Feed
- Market leading hard wheat variety, high yielding and consistent.
- Performs well as a first wheat and exceptionally well as a second wheat and on heavy land.
- Potentially suited to early drilling, but with wide flexible drilling window.
- Decent resistance to mildew and Septoria tritici, and orange wheat blossom midge resistant.
- Relatively early to mature.
- High tillering variety.
- Susceptible to sprouting.
- Potentially prone to sprouting in a bad year.
- Low Hagberg for a hard wheat.
- Average straw strength – may need watching.
VIEW OTHER WHEAT VARIETIES
|nabim Group 1 & 2||nabim Group 3 Soft||Soft Group 4||Hard Group 4|
|Skyfall||KWS Barrel||LG Skyscraper||Grafton|
|KWS Extase||Elicit||LG Spotlight||Costello|
|KWS Firefly||KWS Jackal||Graham|
|LG Prince||Elation||SY Insitor|
|LG Illuminate||Revelation||KWS Cranium|
|LG Astronomer||RGT Saki||RGT Wolverine|