The above video was recorded on June 30, 2021 and the information below was updated on July 6, 2021.
BREEDER: Elsoms Wheat Ltd
PEDIGREE: Cassius x Viscount
STATUS: AHDB Recommended List variety for UK (since 2018)
CERTIFIED SEED SALES 2020 %: England & Wales: 1.2. Scotland: 3.6.
PROVISIONAL SEED AREA 2021 %: England & Wales: 0.8. Scotland: 4.6.
AHDB RL 2021 TREATED YIELD (UK): 99
AHDB RL 2021 TREATED YIELD (NORTH REGION): 100
AHDB RL 2021 UNTREATED YIELD (UK): 78
MARKET OPTIONS: nabim Group 3, UK Biscuit, Export
- Good yellow rust resistance.
- Earliest to mature of the Group 3 varieties.
- Reasonably stiff strawed.
- Average yield.
- Struggled to maintain its Hagberg in the last two years, which has impacted its biscuit wheat suitability.
- Appears to be being downgraded again to unsuitable for distilling.
VIEW OTHER WHEAT VARIETIES
|nabim Group 1 & 2||nabim Group 3 Soft||Soft Group 4||Hard Group 4|
|Skyfall||KWS Barrel||LG Skyscraper||Grafton|
|KWS Extase||KWS Firefly||LG Spotlight||Costello|
|LG Prince||KWS Jackal||Graham|
|LG Astronomer||Revelation||SY Insitor|
|Merit||RGT Saki||KWS Cranium|